Friday, May 30, 2008

FURY by Aaron Allston

"Have you ever studied Darth Vader? Clearly, you got your intelligence and political acumen from your grandfather."
"There we are in agreement."

~ Leia Solo & Darth Caedus

In his grief over the betrayal of Tenel Ka, Darth Caedus moves quickly to snatch his daughter, Allana. Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, and Zekk are continuing their search for the mysterious Alema Rar. With Ben teetering close to the edge of the dark side, the Jedi send a strike team to confront Caedus. With the enemies getting mysteriously more and more powerful, can the jedi find a way to restore peace to the galaxy?
Bravo! One of the better books in this series! Though it's hard to write a review on it, because not much is new - it's just a continuing story. Zekk slips dangerously close to the dark side briefly, and Ben made a comment in the last book that still has Luke worried. But no swears, or anything I write off as an iffy read. If you've read the others, you have my OK to read on with this one!
Oh, and a note. The final book of this series, called INVINCIBLE, came out May 13th and is the New York Times #5 Bestseller. When I get to that one, I'll be sure to write a report! With Jaina taking this "Sword of the Jedi" thing seriously, it should be pretty tense!

Author(s): Aaron Allston ~ Cover artist: Jason Felix ~ Publisher: Del Rey ~ Release date: November 27, 2007 ~ Media type: Paperback ~ Pages: 368 ~ ISBN: 0345477561 ~ Era: Legacy era ~ Timeline: 40 ABY ~ Series: Legacy of the Force ~ Preceded by: Inferno ~ Followed by: Revelation

2 comments:

TaggTroop said...

Meg, how I love reading your stuff. You make me look good even though I had nothing to do with it!

I love you,
Momma

Anonymous said...

Ooo! Now I am interested. I had thought to myself that I would never read any Star Wars sequels, but I think you just effectively changed my mind.

As a side note, when I first read the title I thought it said 'furry' instead of 'fury'. I was puzzling over why a Star Wars sequel would have such an undramatic, strange title. :)

~Cherise